Saturday, October 11, 2014

Childlike Hearts

My Dad was recently hospitalized for a kidney infection and cellulitis two weeks ago. During his hospital stay he somehow had too much fluid intake and ended up with heart failure due to the fluid building up in his lungs. Which resulted in being sedated and put on temporary life support. He's had two surgeries to remove aneurysms just this year, and has had several heart attacks and heart surgeries throughout his life. Suffice it to say, I am beyond thankful to the Lord that my Dad made it through the life support for those few days (which seemed like a lifetime) and woke up like it had never happened.  

I can't quite explain to you the feelings and emotions I had seeing him like that. It was the hardest thing for me to get through, not knowing if he would ever wake up and if he did wake up, would he be the same? In my mind now it seems like I was being dramatic in a way because he is back to being himself, and somehow it makes me feel childish that I thought he would never wake up. 

However thinking about it now, if you would have walked into my Dad's hospital room and saw all of his children standing there, that's exactly what you would've seen, children. Somewhere in our minds, we all reverted back to being little kids hoping and praying that our Daddy would pull through so we could hug and kiss him and tell him how much we love him. And only by God's hands that heal, we got to be those kids and see our Dad wake up and feel alive.

Coincidentally a few weeks before this all happened, I got a call from my Dad that we were going to have a family gathering at his house. I am very grateful that we got to pull through with this family event, due to the fact that we had no idea what was going to happen in the future. And we never do, and I think God knew these moments and pictures were necessary for my Dad to come out a fighter during his time in the hospital.



We love you Dad :)
(Missing two of my sisters)




 "Rejoice in our confident hope. Be patient in trouble, and keep on praying." -Romans 12:12


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS