Monday, October 6, 2014

A Godly Home

I posted this on instagram a while back and I wanted to share it with all of you as well. These lines are from the movie "God's NOT Dead", they are very powerful to me not only for Christians but for those who are non believers as well - 

Mark: You prayed and believed your whole life. Never done anything wrong. And here you are. You're the nicest person I know. I am the meanest. You have dementia. My life is perfect. Explain that to me!

Mark's Mother: Sometimes the devil allows people to live a life free of trouble because he doesn't want them turning to God. Their sin is like a jail cell, except it is all nice and comfy and there doesn't seem to be any reason to leave. The door's wide open. Till one day, time runs out, and the cell door slams shut, and suddenly it's too late. 

This was probably my favorite part of the movie because there is so much conviction in these words. 
I have always wondered why so many people who are not Christians live such a perfect life (most of the time anyway). I always thought to myself, "They must secretly really love God, otherwise why would he be blessing them with zero problems?" And I'm over here struggling for air. When I heard her say this though, it finally clicked for me. When you're off on one of your seasons where you've given up all hope, the devil is there cheering you on, putting things in front of you and making you happy but "sinfully" happy. God loves to test the waters, make you a stronger Christian but most of all, he wants ALL of our trust in Him. He wants us to pray to Him and ask Him to humble our souls, not continue to fall into a Vegas type happy land of money and pleasure. That is all fun and games but in the end you are broke financially and emotionally.

The Bible says, "But if you pray to God and seek the favor of the Almighty, and if you are pure and live with integrity, he will surely rise up and restore your happy home. And though you started with little, you will end with much." - Job 8:5-7 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS