Monday, November 3, 2014

Fallin' for Family Part 2

Blooper Shots







 This one isn't a blooper shot! Bonus photo!


This last picture really means a lot to me... I have been really struggling with feeling good in my own skin. Matthew helps me a lot because he tells me I'm beautiful everyday and he doesn't see anything wrong with me. It's a constant battle, but somehow at the end of the day I do feel good to be exactly who I am, and I do love the way I look. It's only a struggle if you make it one. I feel like social media and television make it hard for someone who is considered a "healthy" medium to feel like they should stay where they are. When I had Levi I wanted to gain weight because I had decided to exclusively breastfeed, and I didn't want to ever lack in supply. So I told myself I would gain weight and not care about anyone's opinion. I challenged myself on purpose. Before I got pregnant I was dieting and losing weight and it felt good, and even when I was pregnant I didn't get enormously huge. However, my views changed after I had my baby boy. I didn't want to slim down right away or even a few months in, I wanted to feel good just the way I was as a mom. It's been a tough journey but I've grown to learn a lot about myself and having self confidence. I do think I'm beautiful and good enough, and this picture will be a constant reminder to me to always feel good about myself no matter what. Eventually after Levi's first birthday and when I stop breastfeeding I will most likely diet again, but for now I'm practicing loving this body I'm in at the moment.

"Can all your worries add a single moment to your life?" -Matthew 6:27 NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS