Monday, March 30, 2015

Reflections

Photo by: Pretty Petals


Some people say life as a stay-at-home mom is easy... but to be honest, it's real work. For me doing what I love is a wonderful job, and yes some days are easier than others. Sometimes we don't realize how huge of a responsibility it really is, parents are the closest thing children will have to God when they are little. They need comfort, kisses, discipline, and tear catchers. We should be a reflection of God to our children, and His love for us should shine through to our babies. 

Have you ever thought about why we have such beautiful things, like flowers, on this earth? It's all God's reflection. I like to think that when God made all the beautiful things of our world like animals and nature, He thought to Himself, "Surely they will see me in all these things." One of my favorite movies as a child was "The Secret Garden" with Kate Maberly. I would go to my Nanny's house and watch it over and over all weekend long. So my Nanny decided to fence off her whole backyard and make it into a huge flower garden, that would grow all along the inside of the fence, for me. You know, looking back on this, I wasn't as appreciative about it as I would be today... Nobody had ever done anything like that for me before. Actually, it was probably the most wonderful, thoughtful, extravagant thing anyone has ever done for me in my life. Sometimes I think about what Nanny has waiting for me in Heaven, she's probably got miles and miles of beautiful flowers of every kind ready for me to set my eyes on. One of the last things she wanted to see in the hospital before she passed away, was me in my graduation cap and gown. Besides my mom, my Nanny was a beautiful reflection of God to me. She loved me unconditionally, if I came to her and told her I had just committed a crime she probably would've turned herself in for me.

God loves us more than this. You can't even begin to compare His love with anything else. If a human being like my Nanny with so much love, did a million wonderful things for me while she was here on earth, imagine the amazing things God has done and will do for me while I'm still here. All I have to do is take up my cross and follow Him every day of my life. I want to be His beautiful work of art with His radiant light shining off of me, so that when people see me they know there's something different about me. Our greatest commandment He called us to obey was to love each other.

I may not agree with your lifestyle, your choice of words, or your view for our country, but one thing I will agree with is being your neighbor. If you need money I will give it to you. If you need clothes I'll buy them for you. If you're hungry, you are welcome at our table. 
And I am welcome to pray for your soul.




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS