Monday, December 8, 2014

Christmas Traditions



Happy Mommy Monday!

Tonight I want to share some of our long time family traditions that we have done throughout my life, and some new ones that Matthew and I want to work in, now that our family has grown.


My family has been going to see the Nature in Lights display since I was little, not every Christmas but as much as we could. This is something that I definitely want Levi to get to experience like I did. It is absolutely gorgeous!
These are some pictures we took this year of our trip to see the lights! (I had to take these pictures with my phone because we were moving too fast, so sorry about the poor quality.)


















Our family also loves to sing Christmas songs around our tree, and turn off all the lights except for the tree and drink some eggnog or hot chocolate. I've always loved that, it really brings out our Christmas spirit. This year I would also love to go Christmas caroling! I've always wanted to do that! 

Matthew & I want to incorporate reading The Night Before Christmas on Christmas Eve now that baby Levi is with us along with the Story of Baby Jesus, so this will be our first year to do that.




Our home town finally has an artificial skating rink that they've been putting up downtown. This is the second year for this, and I would really like to go ice skating every year. I think that would be a great family activity.

There's always little things I can think of that would be such great activities to do at home with your kids, if you're not able to get out of the house much. Such as crafting up an ornament or cutting out snowflakes, decorating gingerbread cookies and houses. Our family really gets into the Christmas spirit, and I think that's where I get my love for Christmas. We even do Christmas in July every year!

I really hope everyone got some fun ideas out this Mommy Monday! And don't forget the Reason for the Season! Jesus Christ was born!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS