Tuesday, March 3, 2015

God or The World?



This is my 50th post! Yay! I can't believe I already made it to 50. Excuse my teenage girl freakout... So I have some very exciting news for my readers! I'm going to have some guest posts coming up soon! I'm super excited about it. So get ready!


Following my last post, I felt like I needed to cover the aspect of judgment. It's something we are all guilty of. A good friend of mine put it in perspective for me, "If you are not wearing name brand everything you must be poor. If you don't have the newest car or best things you are not cool." -JesseM 


This is sad. It's sad that as parents we help enable our children to think this way by not teaching them the value of a dollar. We want so badly to give our children more than what we had growing up, that it completely slips our mind what it's doing to the way they view people. It's not just about clothes or cars though, it's about decisions we've made. There are people that don't agree with the way you live or the way you think. Now in today's society, there is more of being coerced to agree with things. Some Christians don't agree with homosexuality, tattoos, piercings, or even wearing jeans to church. This is a big reason churches are closing their doors, because people are too afraid of being judged. It's especially hard to live in our nation today. You are expected to have a nice house and nice things. 

When I was in high school my government teacher my senior year, was one of the best teachers I've ever had. I wouldn't have met my husband if it weren't for Mr. Roach. That's right, Mr. Roach taught us how to do some country dances in class. And I have to say Matthew & I are amazing dance partners, when I dance with him it's like that's all that matters in the world is that moment. We just flow together and we know how to feel when the other one is about to change it up. In a way, it let's you know that you're compatible with each other. Anyway, so Mr. Roach said something in class one day that I never forgot, he said, "You do not own your possessions, your possessions own you." Ever since then, I didn't want to make that mistake of serving money instead of God. Does it matter what we have or what we wear? I could die in 5 minutes and none of that would matter once I'm gone.

None of these worldly decisions we make about which shirt to buy or which house to build will mean anything in Heaven. It will be, who did you give your money to that needed it in that moment? Who did you help? And who really saw Jesus in you? If you're thinking about these questions, and maybe you haven't helped someone in a really long time, or even just to tithe at church, the time is now. If you haven't been paying attention to the news, the time is now. Our president is about to make the decision that could be the beginning of the end. Now is the time to come back to Jesus, and I mean come back for real. Not saying one thing and doing another. It's time for us to start standing up and supporting Israel, and loving our God. Whole heartedly loving our God. The time is now. The last thing we need to be worrying about is who has the latest iPhone and who is wearing the cutest stuff. Check yourself and open your Bible. I don't just say these things for my readers, I write this stuff for myself too. We all need to come back down from the world and realize all that matters is who we serve. Who do you serve? God or the world? It's time to choose.


"Better a little with the fear of the Lord than great wealth with turmoil." -Proverbs 15:16






No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS