Thursday, January 1, 2015

Cleaning Out the Cup

2014... you were incredible!

I can't believe Christmas is already over and it's New Year's Day of 2015! I feel like we just made it to December yesterday! Time really does fly when you have children. I talked a little bit about a few of my resolutions for the new year in my Mommy Monday post for the week, but I wanted to share all the ones I have as of today. I know they can seem very cliche, but since I've become a mom, I feel like it's important to set goals and to try your hardest to follow through with them. Not only to better yourself, but also to set an amazing example for your children. I was really very proud of our family for accomplishing everything we set out to do for our Christmas activities. It makes you feel like your time with your family hasn't been wasted, and you enjoyed everything to the fullest. 

I always told myself I would be nothing like my mom, HA! Don't we all? It's kind of inevitable, at least for me. But to be real, my mom has been a wonderful example and influence on my life as a woman and a mom. I'm not "exactly" like her, but we share a lot of the same values and characteristics. I want Levi to be able to say the same about his mommy. I want him to know that I loved him so much, and tried my hardest to set him up to be a light and have the ability to change hearts for Jesus.

First I wanted to list some of my favorite memories of 2014:

1. Gave birth for the first time and had my precious baby Levi, and became parents.

2. Celebrated our one year anniversary.

3. Had my first real surgery, got an organ taken out and got put under for the first time.

4. Started my breastfeeding adventure.

5. Started my blog back up with a bang! All thanks go to God!

6. Turned 24

7. Lived up our first Christmas with Levi to the absolute fullest! And watched almost every Christmas movie!

8. Celebrated a lot of firsts for baby Levi, our first year as a family was incredible!

9. I really found my voice and diminished my fear of not speaking up.

10. Accomplished cutting off some social media for a year!

Father... You are good.

With that being said, here are my 2015 DAILY resolutions:

1. Finish reading the whole Bible by December 2015.

2. Spend more time in prayer.

3. Find more opportunities to share His Word.

4. Focus on the gift of giving.

5. Fall more in love with my husband.

6. Start yoga again

7. Breaking Addictions (such as caffeine and sugar)

8. Give it to God  - Be more kind, judge less, love more, have more patience, and block out stress.

9. Let it be known that I'm not ashamed, embarrassed or afraid because of my Christian beliefs. 

10. I will rise and stand tall in God against anyone who persecutes us.




"Like clay in the hand of the potter, so are you in my hand, Israel." -Jeremiah 18:6

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS