Monday, November 17, 2014

Beautiful Words...



You know when you become a first time mom, and you feel so overjoyed when you get your baby to stay in the playpen (contently) when y'all are home alone, and you get to take a shower? I've had a few of these since becoming a mom and it feels like a huge accomplishment, doesn't it? Maybe that's just me. Of course I put the playpen in front of the bathroom door so I can keep an eye on him, and he still knows I'm close. This might seem crazy to women who aren't moms yet to be able grasp this obstacle but trust me, it will be hard. 

But with that being said, becoming a mom has given me confidence that I never had before. Confidence in multitasking, confidence that I can run on 4 hours of sleep, confidence that I can finally voice my opinions and have a firm stand on what I believe, and confidence in knowing what's best for my son. Becoming a mom has been the best thing that has ever happened to me, with the exception of having the privilege to grow old beside my best friend. 

Some women talk about depression after having their babies, also known as the "baby blues." I'm very thankful I wasn't one of the few who fall into that deep depression. However, I did get really stressed out after Levi was born because he had baby reflux (and still does), and sometimes he would choke and stop breathing. Thankfully he's kind of grown to handle it better and hasn't had any real problems since then. The first few months after becoming a new mom are really rough, and it's only by the grace of God (and my mom) that Matthew & I learned to become great parents. Personally I feel like you have to be ready to want to accept the role as a mom to really overcome all of the roller coaster rides of emotional changes that come after childbirth. 

When you hold those tiny hands on your chest in the hospital, and look into those sparkling eyes you created, how can you not fall in love with not only your baby but that feeling of knowing your heart is expanding? Expanding with love, joy, and confidence that you will be an amazing mom. I want to make sure all the new moms and experienced moms know that I pray for each and every one of you. I pray that you always know that you can keep going, no matter how hard your life gets. I pray that you have the strength to always show your children your heart, even if you have tears running down your face. Always speak love into your babies minds.

They will never forget your beautiful words and they will always love you for it.

I'm always praying for you.

"But you, dear friends, must build each other up in your most holy faith, pray in the power of the Holy Spirit, and await the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ, who will bring you eternal life. In this way, you will keep yourselves safe in God's love." -Jude 1:20-21 NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS