Friday, December 19, 2014

Merry CHRISTmas

 

















As Christmas Eve or Christmas Day approaches, whichever one you get together with your families on, I feel I should give some encouragement. As wonderful as it is to see our families, don't forget to share the wonderful things God has been doing in your lives to your loved ones. You never know who needs to hear those words come from you. To be honest, sometimes I have family who only comes for the meal they will get because it might be a long time before they get another one like that. It really breaks my soul and my heart to share that with you but it's true. We have family who does bad things and gets in a lot trouble for it. They don't know where they will end up tomorrow or if they'll even be alive, but our hearts are tender and we invite them to come because they are our family. And I feel Jesus would've done the same. All you can do is try, try and try again. However long it takes. What is more important than one lost soul?

As I lay next to my sleeping baby, I always think of Jesus's mom, Mary. How scared she must have been to know her tiny baby had so much ahead of him. So many people coming and saying he's the Savior of the world. Who would he be? Will people hate him? Will they hurt him? How can I protect him? How am I going to be able to let him go? It's so joyous yet heartbreaking to look at all the nativity scenes for Christmas and all the beautiful babies in this world, knowing that little baby Jesus would die the most horrible death. For what? Horrible people.

Mary watched her son come into this world as a precious tiny angel and yet she also had to watch him get beaten and hammered to a wooden cross. Can you just imagine for a second? I would be beyond hysterical if that was my son. They would've had to put me in the nut house after that...

Remember this on Christmas when you're opening presents with your beautiful children, who took their place for our sins. Baby Jesus. Remember to thank God for all you have in this world. He took up all of our crosses and all He asks of us is to love Him with all our hearts and love each other.

I pray that each and every one of my readers have a very blessed and magical Christmas!

"Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign: The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and will call him Immanuel." - Isaiah 7:14 NIV 

xoxo
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS